CT classes

---------

From: Lawrence A. Parker (occti_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 05:09:43 PST

> << I've been told that I'll never get a course into Akron's College of
> Education. >>
>
> OK, I missed something. what course would this be, P-K?
> Reatha

Actually, several classes.

I. Introduction to Critical Thinking
(to teach general students to do CT; for education students: "you can't
teach what you don't know how to do yourself and model for your
students.")

II. Teaching or Encouraging Critical Thinking Skills
(to teach education students how to develop CT skills in their
students)

III. Facilitating Dialogue in the Classroom
(to teach education students how to open up and facilitate discussions
so that students can become more involved in the learning process, team
work, and collaborative inquiry)

I have brochures I can mail to anyone interested. I work in three principle
areas: Critical Thinking, Conflict Management, and Ethical Reasoning.