Re: Noise in elem classroom

---------

From: Litesal (litesal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 17:54:45 PST

> How can you teach, offer one on one instruction and assess if you are
reading
> to them? This just feeds the idea that teacher art is easy! I would
NEVER
> EVER let my principal see me sitting or reading to my students while they
> were working on their lesson!!!!!

I think that this shows that her class is well controlled, on task, and
self-motivated. I would like for my principal to come in and see my class
hard at work without my having to hover over them and do all their thinking
for them. In fact, I love it when my principal comes in when everyone,
including myself, is sitting at the tables, quiet and hard at work. Love
it!! Sometimes the teaching is done, and there's nothing to do but create.
The critique can come later.

Leah