Re: conferences

---------

From: Neil Erickson (Jorgen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 13:24:42 PST

Hey Jude,
I agree with Gabrielle. My first year of teaching I had a conference with
irate parents in my classroom by myself thinking I could handle it. The
father screamed, yelled, ripped the grade book out of my hand. At one point
I thought he might hit me. Then went to the principal and told an entirely
different story to him. My principal told me afterwards, "If you know a
conference is going to be contentious, always schedule it in the office with
another person, preferably an administrator present." Good advice I have
followed ever since.

Cindy Erickson