Re(2): stained glass windows and abortion (odd combo)

---------

From: Ann Carolan (acarolan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 09:39:22 PST

artsednet@lists.getty.edu writes:
> On the issue of abortion I think it was really sad when Hilary Clinton
>gave her acceptence speech she said "You showed you were concerned about
>the environment, taxes, reform, etc.," then "a women's right to choose."
>and that brought the biggest applause. What does that say about this
>country?
> It seems very unbalanced.
I agree with you totally. Thank you for having the courage to say so.
There are many of us too intimidated by the anger and attacks we receive
when we express pro-life opinions. It is very ironic that these attacks
come from those who demand their own right to choose but do not allow
pro-lifers the right to express their opinions without being bombarded.

In answer to your ? The people of NY who cheered are saying that the end
justifies the means; rather than the age-old morality rule-of-thumb which
states that the end never justifies the means. I can't kill someone
because they took my job, for example. We as a nation have given ourselves
license to exterminate those who are too young, too old (Oregon)and too
defenseless to defend themselves. If they get in our way of making more
money, having more cars, saving our "reputations" or our careers, then
they are expendable. This is immortality at its worst and we WILL reap the
consequences. Karma, justice, what have you. For every action there is an
equal reaction. Or are we really just pieces of matter floating in space.
If you believe that then you've never seen the Sistine Chapel for all its
glory and magnificence. >>>>>>>>>>>
ann carolan