Re: A lesson that's working

---------

From: Terilynn Sanford (terimason_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 09:27:41 PST

I posted this lesson last fall. I put up some example
pics on the clubphoto site. I called them Wire and
Pantyhose sculptures!
http://members2.clubphoto.com/art216973

member email: artednetter@hotmail.com
password: gettylist

teri

Budget Sculptures
1 piece of scrap wood for ea. student (wood studs
cut into 4-5" pieces)
1 coat hanger (the white ones work best)
1 new knee-high pantyhose
glue and water (50/50) put into butter tubs with
lids
foam brushes
assorted leftover spray paint

Drill 2 holes in the top of ea. piece of wood about
2-3" apart the diameter
of coat hanger wire
Cut the "loop" part of the hanger off with wire
cutters
Have each student bend the wire into an interesting
form putting the 2 ends
into the holes in the wood.
Carefully thread the pantyhose over the form you
have created. Pull the
hose carefully down over the wood.
Coat the sculpture with the glue mixture. Do 5
coats letting it dry 1 day
in between.