Re: Noise in elem classroom

---------

From: Michelle Lowe (mishlowe_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 05:35:01 PST

At 06:17 AM 11/8/2000 EST, you wrote:
>How can you teach, offer one on one instruction and assess if you are
reading
>to them? This just feeds the idea that teacher art is easy! I would NEVER
>EVER let my principal see me sitting or reading to my students while they
>were working on their lesson!!!!!

Interesting, how differently we all teach...I am new at teaching K-3 art in
a classroom setting this year and I find that reading an on topic book is a
good way to get them settled down and working quietly. I don't read books
that take the whole period, so I still have plenty of time for one on one
instruction and assessment. Teaching is the whole package as far as I am
concerned, reading to them included, and I do not sit down while reading,
unless I gather them together on the carpet so they can all see the
pictures closer up. I am certain my principal would not consider reading
to my kids while they are working a BAD THING. I also entirely DISAGREE
that reading to the kids while they work "feeds the idea that teaching art
is easy!"!!!

Mishy
Michelle Lowe, potter in the Phoenix desert |/ |
mishlowe@amug.org -O- | |
mishy@desertdragonpottery.com /| | | |
|_|_|
http://www.desertdragonpottery.com ____ |