Re: Election Day--my first elated vote in my life

---------

From: MaryAnn Kohl (maryann_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 16:00:49 PST

I don't know when I have felt such a rush of elation and pride as I voted
this year...my wasted vote, I know I know...for someone I truly believe in,
Ralph Nader. I have never before felt so sure or so proud of my choice. This
was my first time in my 30 years of voting!! I live in Washington state, and
Washington and Oregon seem to be the most "green" states...perhaps because
we have worked so hard to keep our states clean and green, prevent urban
sprawl, keep our streams and lakes clean, and so on. No, we're not perfect,
but it does not surprise me that as states, both are strongly Ralph Nader
supporters, thousands of us. Ok, not enough to win, but I'm still feeling as
good as I have ever felt about voting in my entire life. If Bush wins
because I voted for Nader, that's ok with me too, because at least he's not
interested in spending spending spending. Funny that Nader who is so liberal
is also quite conservative about spending and government control. He wants
gov't involved in our lives as little as possible. Oh, I researched and as I
thought, he is pro-choice.

MA

MaryAnn F. Kohl
maryann@brightring.com