Election Day--it is almost over

---------

From: MDecker (mdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 15:27:30 PST

Sorry folks, I didn't read until this evening...but Nader is pro-choice. He
feels the government has no place in making this decision for a woman. The
decision belongs to the woman and her doctor. He may personally be opposed
to abortion--but has a pro-choice political view.

My son decided over the week-end that Nader was the only choice...so he
created posters to display all over the school. One of the history teachers
(not knowing Matt created them) said that Nader had the best design staff
(smile). I asked Matt to bring some home so I could send them to my Nader
cyber friends (but---being a normal kid--he forgot...tomorrow may be too
late ;-( sigh).

My students asked me all day who I was voting for (I voted after school
today). All I said was I can not vote for Bush. What ever happened to the
days when your vote was personal?

We were discussing the Electoral College the other night at the dinner
table. Correct me if I am wrong...but it was created to help give the south
a more equal share in the vote. When the Electoral College was created, the
south had a disproportionate share on non voters (or those not permitted to
vote). Electoral College is based on total population (the number a
representatives - plus 2).

Thank you to all who voted for the good of education ----and art
education....We shall see....

Judy

P.S. for Lawrence...maybe Joseph could be your running mate in 2004? What a
ticket that would make?! I don't think our ballet had any room for write-in
candidates....or I might have given it a try this year.