In a message dated 11/07/2000 7:06:59 AM Pacific Standard Time,
> Can high school students be assumed
> able to be responsible with potentially toxic pigments and solvents?
> I personally believe students that age could, but what do school districts
> typically say?
> Would an art room have adequate ventilation systems for the fumes?
I have stopped doing oil painting in my classes for some time now. The fumes
were bad, the turp was toxic and had to removed properly, the oil had lead,
the mess was bad, it took days and weeks to dry and acrylic works easier and
faster with less clean up problems.