Re: core curriculum

---------

From: Michelle Lowe (mishlowe_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 06:22:50 PST

At 06:13 AM 11/7/2000 -0800, barb cicchelli wrote:
>We're having quite a heated debate here as to whether the arts are part of
>the CORE curriculum-I was positive that I had read somewhere that art is
>now part of the core curriculum but need to put my hands on some hard copy.
>Please pass along any info-Barb C

If you are talking about the Hirsch Core Knowledge Curriculum (What Your __
Grader Needs to Know), they have quite a good arts section and music too,
in each grade level. They have a good website also, with lesson plans and
another site, the Baltimore Curriculum Project has extensive lesson plans
following the entire Core Knowledge Sequence, for each grade (K-5 I think),
month by month, subject by subject, it's a great site!

Here are those urls-

Core Knowledge home page-
http://www.coreknowledge.org/

Baltimore Curriculum Project lesson plans-
http://www.cstone.net/~bcp/BCPIntro2.htm

Michelle Lowe, potter in the Phoenix desert |/ |
mishlowe@amug.org -O- | |
mishy@desertdragonpottery.com /| | | |
|_|_|
http://www.desertdragonpottery.com ____ |