Handscapes

---------

From: Charlotte (larkspin2000_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 16:41:17 PST

Well, folks, I got through my "crud" day..........and fairly painless as Mondays go!!!! My worst classes there are my middle school classes (imagine that!!). We had been drawing hands before we had the interuption of the Artists in residence visit. I wanted to continue the lesson, but knew it had gone dry.........so AS THEY WERE FILING INTO MY CLASS!!!------I had my LIGHTBULB MOMENT!!!---------HANDSCAPES!!!! Redrawing hands onto black construction paper and "hiding" them in landscapes or other drawings-------coloring in with oil pastels. They had a blast and got some fun results............stalagtites, airport runways, waterfalls, highways, flags.............what a hoot!!

Baa-aah for now,

Charlotte