Re: window painting (stained glass?)

---------

From: MaryAnn Kohl (maryann_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 16:22:11 PST

On 11/6/00 4:01 PM, christine kotarsky at ernst85@hotmail.com wrote:

> Hello all,
> The principal wants me to do the windows. I was thinking of using tissue
> paper and give it a stain glass look. Did anyone ever use tissue paper and
> glue on windows befor? Will it come off? Any suggestions on a great way to
> draw the black lines or designs of the stain glass?
> Thanks Christine

WHOAAAAA! IT will be nearly impossible to get off!! Don't do it with glue!!!
It might be better with liquid starch to paint the tissue on, but even that
is pretty rock hard when dry. I wouldn't do either. But here's an idea
below:

Can you have the kids work on big pieces of Saran Wrap (or any clear plastic
wrap), and then static electricity will keep the wrap sticking to the
windows, with help from some tape. If you live in a very cold climate, you
will definitely need the tape.

I would tape the Saran Wrap (actually, my favorite is Stretch Tight) to the
kids' worktables --- cover the entire table with it. Then have the kids cut
out shapes from colored tissue, and paint them onto the plastic wrap. Dry
overnight or several hours. Then tape the big sheets of colored plastic into
the windows.

MaryAnn F. Kohl
maryann@brightring.com
http://www.brightring.com