RE: jumping into the fray

---------

From: Peg Blechman (blechman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 10:34:25 PST

This election is not a religious experience. This is the real world folks.
It is not nirvana. I too wish that we had other choices, but we don't.
Please make your vote count.

We know where Gore stands on the Supreme Court, the economy and the
environment. Gore has a record of working in Congress and the Executive
Branch. He understands how the government works and how to get the
government working. His interests are for prosperity for the middle class,
saving choice for women, equality for minorities, protecting the environment
and strengthening public education.

We know where Bush stands on the Supreme Court - abortion will be outlawed,
women will have to go the illegal route to take care of themselves - on the
economy - the tax cut is for those earning over $300,000, not you or me - on
the environment - Texas has one of the worst records for smog at current
times - on education - while Bush sends his daughters to a public high
school, he supports vouchers, not public education - Texas' records on
public education are extremely poor. Bush is a Governor in a state where
the governor plays a very small part in state government. He does not
understand how the federal government or the Congress works.

Nadar has been a very important gadfly working outside of the system and has
made extremely valuable contributions in that capacity. Even if he could be
elected, he does not have a record of working with or in a legislative body
at the state or federal level. He is a spoiler in this election. He
appears to offer a real choice. He is not Harry Truman. He is a vote
against Gore and will help Bush to win.

Please choose wisely for our future.