Re: jumping into the fray

---------

From: MaryAnn Kohl (maryann_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 09:47:38 PST

On 11/6/00 10:23 AM, Heather Leal at rayleal@earthlink.net wrote:
<Gore may not be ideal, but he is a far, far better choice than Bush. >

Choosing Gore over Bush, or Bush over Gore. Hmmm. Gore is caught up in his
own considerably deranged ego and is a proven liar. Bush is in the pockets
of big corporations and not all that smart. It's a toss up there for the
yuckies. Then there is Nader --- Nader is truthful, a good American and
advocate for the American citizen, not in anyone's pocket, and he's
incredibly bright (and funny too). I know Nader won't win, but he is the
choice of many people with conscience and he's got my vote. However, one
thing that does concern me about Nader is his running mate, Winona LaDuke -
she is a total nutball chosen not by Nader, but by the Green Party. I heard
Nader and LaDuke speak in Portland earlier this year. If only she hadn't
spoken!! But even so, he's an amazing candidate. His plans to rework the
budget are like that movie, "Dave", if you recall... Dave cut the junk out
of spending and put it where it mattered. That's what Nader says he would
do.

I know, I know. He won't be elected. But I don't believe I'm wasting my
vote, and I understand the whole chatter about how it will be wasted. But a
vote is never wasted.

MaryAnn F. Kohl
maryann@brightring.com
http://www.brightring.com