Re: Art Teacher Humor

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aheinema_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 08:04:43 PST

There is a George Bellows lithograph that pokes fun at jurors
bending over and analyzing works of art for selection into an exhibit. It's
obvious Bellows did not like jurors or critics. You can do a similar art
preview and really ham it up by doing some little critics' review of a "far
out" work of art. What would a primary level student have to say as a
critic. Also, the titles of some 20th century works of art are really
funny and lend themselves to gag jokes when compared to the actual work of
art.

Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus

>I'm seeking the combined humor of ArtsEdNetTalkers. Anything funny
>about being an art teacher would be much appreciated.

Ann Heineman....aheinema@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu
Greensview School...Upper Arlington City Schools
(614)487-5050 Box 522
aheineman@uaschools.org