RE: jumping into the fray

---------

From: Lawrence A. Parker (occti_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 06:44:36 PST

> Just for the record Lawrence, it should be noted that you're posts are
> also cc'd to the Greens and are merely proselytizing for that group and
> its candidates. Thus a political forum, rather than an arts list, may be
> a more appropriate venue for these types of postings.

Just for the record, Joseph, that's a poor response.

As you pointed out, I cc'd the mail, not Bcc'd, so I was already on record.
You're creating a "straw man" offense and trying to condemn me for it.
You're not a politician, are you? Or are you just angry with yourself
because you cannot also vote your conscience?

Nor am I proselytizing for the Green Party. I am advocating the candidate I
believe to be the best of three rather than the worse of two.

As for why I cc'd it to them, I merely thought that their list members would
be interested in what I had to say on these points.

And, as for choosing a political forum rather than the arts list, as I said
at the top of my post, I didn't start this thread again and in fact have
made a point of staying out of it up until now.