Re: jumping into the fray

---------

jaugusta_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 05:50:14 PST

"Lawrence A. Parker" wrote:

> Next time may be too late, especially since Nader and the Green Party need
> the show of support...

As far as I know Mr. Nader (the latest flavor of the month--remember
Perot?) has never been elected to any office, including town dog
catcher; instead decides to run for the highest office in the land! I
thought only rich men or megalomaniacs did that--ie., people with
absolutely no experience working within the political system as
representatives of the people who elected them, rather than outsiders
carping at the flaws in the system and claiming that only *they* can do
better!

One thing about Bush and Gore that's to their credit and speaks to way
they might handle the office--they have experience as elected political
figures. And in any field of endeavor--experience matters!

best wishes,
joseph