RE: jumping into the fray

---------

From: Charlotte (larkspin2000_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 05 2000 - 20:55:33 PST

The first year I was old enough to vote I DIDN'T VOTE!!!! I didn't feel that either candidate was worthy. Our nation elected NIXON that year...............need I say more???? Talk about voting your conscience!!!!!

Kimberly Herbert <kimberly@wcc.net> wrote:
Actually this debate depends on your state. Since we don't directly elect
the president, but elect the electoral collage, who elect the president. If
your state is a toss up state, then voting for a third party candidate might
get the worse of two evils elected rather than the least offensive. On the
other hand if your state is solidly behind the worse of the two evils, then
voting your conscience can help send a message.

What I find interesting is some reports that one candidate might win
electoral collage and the other might win popular vote. With the increasing
activities of third party candidates this might happen in the future. What
would happen, would the citizens understand (considering how many educated
people don't seem to understand the electoral collage I wonder)? We would
defiantly have a Constitutional amendment to change the system. Did you know
that according to the project vote smart site there are 160 people running
for president?

Kimberly Herbert (kimberly@wcc.net)
These are my oppinions sent through my personal e-mail