Re: making books

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 05 2000 - 12:58:34 PST

Jayna Ledbetter wrote:

> <snip> What
> methods do you suggest? I've done accordion style
> books, but I'm not a big fan. (I'm not that great at
> measuring and getting my folds exact) Can I find books
> on stitching them (hole punching, etc)

Jayna,

Here are a couple of Web sites I've found useful for bookmaking:

<http://milton.mse.jhu.edu:8001/library/pres/cncrtina.htm> This sites
has good directions on making concertina books. The cool thing about
these is they can can be used going in either direction (?), like a
continuous book...this doesn't sound real clear, I know, but you'll see
what I mean when you try it. It requires the use of a heavy board like
matboard.

<http://www.sff.net/people/Brook.West/bind/bindit/html> This site has
the instructions I used for my students to create their sketchbooks. We
use poster board for the covers. Don't let the directions scare you;
once you've done it it's not difficult. If you decide to try this one,
e-mail me privately first and I'll give you some pointers.

Maggie