Re: discouraged— Unruly art class

---------

From: dj (djash_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 05 2000 - 07:49:22 PST

--------------E1FFAC2A62FB937CC7B8F3A7

> That's just the thing, I absolutely allow no personal choice in the music.
> It is my CD player, my classroom, my environment, mine to set the ambiance
> as a part of the educational experience I want to share. Anytime I have let
> any student have anything to do at all with the music I have had the same
> problem.

Last year I let them pick the music and your right... nothing but complaints.
This year I pick the music.... calming, peaceful, cultural music. I now have
kids suggesting curtain scores from movies (all music no vocals) that fit into
our class theme. It's great. And sooooooooo much more relaxing then their
choice of sounds.
Donna

--------------E1FFAC2A62FB937CC7B8F3A7

&nbsp;
choice in the music.&nbsp; It is my CD player, my classroom, my environment,
mine to set the ambiance as a part of the educational experience I want
to share.&nbsp; Anytime I have let any student have anything to do at all
with the music I have had the same problem.</i></blockquote>