RE:RE:(Barb) WARNING:long & whiny! U may want to delete

---------

From: dj (djash_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 05 2000 - 07:43:55 PST

HI! Holly,
We have 4 minutes in-between classes. The next class will see the first
class waiting and stay outside till they are dismissed. This holding
them back till they "pay back" time especially works great on the last
class of the day. It's really their time then. I also give what we call
teacher detentions on Thursday in my room. When they report for the
detention they must fill out a paper of questions on discipline and
proper behavior in the art room, how they can improve, how participation
effects their grade, etc. If they cut or miss a teacher detention....
they get an automatic saturday school detention which goes on their
record. Still you always have the tough ones who ruin it for the rest
b/c no matter what you do they just don't care. I wish I had the answer,
I just keep trying.
Have a good day.
Donna