cracked wood

---------

From: L. E. Horvath (dulcius_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 05 2000 - 05:37:11 PST

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C04703.9733C400

Melissa,
I just read this last night in a book on Arfican art -
"Green wood cracks when it dries too quickly, so the sculptor rubs oil =
into the wood to slow the drying process. A well made wood carving is =
rubbed with palm or castor oil daily for at least two weeks."
-Lydia in Toledo

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C04703.9733C400

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Melissa,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I just read this last night in a book =
on Arfican=20
art -</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Green wood cracks when it dries too =
quickly, so=20
the sculptor rubs oil into the wood to slow the drying process.&nbsp; A =
well=20
made wood carving is rubbed with palm or castor oil daily for at least =
two=20
weeks."</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>-Lydia in =
Toledo</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C04703.9733C400--