Re: (Barb) WARNING:long & whiny! U may want to delete

---------

From: dj (djash_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 04 2000 - 19:24:55 PST

--------------CE4697F42AB7ADC179FC7B5B

Holly112@aol.com wrote:
My students, too have to "settle in to begin working"

At lunch this has been a big topic of ours. Kids just keep getting more
non committed each year. I started this week waiting for them to settle
down. I wait, silently watching them..... BUT, since they are taking up
my time to teach, I take up their time at the end of the period. However
long it takes for them to settle down and get started, they owe me that
much time at the end of the period. Also, the last table to get to the
Do Now, is the last table called to leave. They are starting to get the
message. I don't give late passes either.
Donna

--------------CE4697F42AB7ADC179FC7B5B

&nbsp;