Wood Sculptures that are cracking

---------

From: Melissa Enderle (melissa_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 04 2000 - 10:37:24 PST

One of my co-workers purchased a nice wooden Bambara sculpture of a
woman and her child. The bad part is that it has several cracks in
it. Is there a way to stop or slow down cracking in wood? I don't
know how old the sculpture is. Even here, they sometimes "age" it to
make it look older. How can you prevent wood sculptures from cracking
in the first place?

--
| Melissa Enderle |
/)| melissa@afribone.net.ml |( / )| || __( ( art teacher/ adaptive art /_) ) )__