Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

marbelizing paper

Date: Sat Nov 04 2000 - 10:11:45 PST

In a message dated 11/4/00 8:48:31 AM Central Standard Time, writes:

<< The students shave chalk dust onto the
> where it floats. They can drag patterns or swirl the colors, then lift a
> by laying paper on the surface. I think the starch can be thinned with
> I want to use this in a lesson about Japanese prints. I'm wondering if
this is
> an intellectually honest way to represent Suminagashi, a water print
> that uses floating ink. >>

Think when I did this years ago I just floated ink and then equal amount of
oil on
top of water - swirled and pulled a paper print. The floating chalk dust
works great
with just water. The liquid starch can be saved for thinned acrylic paint
floated on top. Roberta