Re: Chinese and Japanese Brush painting...

---------

Artemis420_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Nov 03 2000 - 22:01:51 PST

In a message dated 11/3/00 7:25:45 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mwhiteaz@cybertrails.com writes:

> So, this is probably more than you really wanted to know, and doesn't
> really answer your question. Could we infer that there's probably not
> much difference stylistically, but in subject matter?
>
> Maggie

I took a some courses of Chinese brush painting in Singapore, and from my
learning there I know that both Chinese and Japanese painting is based on ink
and the brush stroke.
Chinese traditionally tends to have more detail and more color and is more
refined, generally, and Japanese traditionally tends to be black ink, fewer
colors and fewer details, again generally.
A few examples of both illustrates this well and its not too hard to
distinguish them after a time.
Artie.