Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Chinese and Japanese Brush painting...

From: Bill Sechler (BillSe_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 06:53:27 PST

I cannot tell you an a simple answer, however if you asked a Chinese or Japanese artist they would. As a westerner I see differences in some periods/dynasties but many times I cannot. They both share similar histories of development with religious and secular affiliations to calligraphy and painting. Each has a rich tradition of art or "beautiful skill" as the Chinese call "art", begin your research because it will fascinate you. Find out about the "four treasures", and try them out.

>>> 11/01 7:32 PM >>>

from: Bunki Kramer (
Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

Can anyone tell me what is the difference between Japanese and Chinese brush
painting techniques....or are there any? Thanks......toodles.....Bunki