Peace Poster

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 16:50:09 PST

I, too, am doing a peace poster contest with my 6th graders. They all
will
receive a certificate of participation and one will get 50.00. I tied
it into
the principles of design and discussed symbols, and their use in art. I
get a little discouraged at
all who want to make worlds with people around them. I'm trying to get
them to
think in different terms and purposely stayed away from images of the
world.
Some of the posters are wonderful, most are typical. I am open to some
suggestions and would
appreciate all advice. Thanks, Betsy
PS, Our state (Indiana) has now mandated the use of Baldridge Criteria
for
continuous improvement. They ( Our Administration) will be going to San
Diego
in the Spring to give a talk on this and how it works. It was
origionally set up
for businesses, I beleive . Get ready San Diego... Betsy