Oscar's delightful web site

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 19:42:58 PST

--MS_Mac_OE_3055963380_146128052_MIME_Part

From: "Sharon Henneborn" <heneborn@erols.com>
Subject: Oscar's delightful web site
Date: Wed, Nov 1, 2000, 10:34 PM

http://www.oscarararipe.cjb.net/

If you can't open Oscar's Virtual Gallery the way he sent it perhaps
you can open it this way and enjoy his bright sunny landscapes and
delightful vases of flowers. About the most disturbing thing on the
site is the photos of his studio/gallery and his home in Brazil. I
turned green with envy when I saw the photos. I can see why he won
the World Art Award of Excellence 2000.

I think you can assume that the word Libertarian means a very
different thing to Oscar in Brazil than it does in US of A. We have
been through this before when he tried to share his art and art
lessons with us. Please welcome him and cut him a break. If you have
never lived in a foreign country and experienced the communication
bombs maybe you are not sensitive to the possibilities. I have and I
know how frustrating it is to try to communicate and not know why you
have caused a commotion. I was banned from a shop once because I put
money on the counter instead of counting it into the shop keeper's
hand. A major offense. How would I know? I was banned from riding
the bus to school and I never did find out what I did that was so
offensive. My teacher would try to help and laugh about what the town
people were reporting about "What the Yank did today." I used an
offensive word in class once and the parents were demanding that I be
removed or their children would be withdrawn. Somehow the teachers
were able to smooth that over. I was told not to use "the word"
again. It is a pretty common word here but curdled their blood! Who
would know!!!

Sharon from NJ
--To respond to me directly click on mailto:heneborn@erols.com