Dbae-think before you write!

---------

From: Sandra Barrick (tamayo_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 08:47:54 PST

--------------91BB2CD78A2C979CD7BBD414

> Subject: Re: DBAE,why is it off the getty page?
> From: Nnaell@aol.com
> Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 09:01:27 EST
>
> But why would anyone call DBAE a nightmare Getty would like to forget? I
> feel it more than served its purpose and completely understood your
> statement. Mind you...I am not a
> DBAE disciple...I just think people should know the facts, have read the
> literature before saying things like the statement above. I have done
> that....a graduate thesis on the beginnings of DBAE with many interviews to
> back up what I had read and surmized.

Okay I want to clarify something here even if it is just for me.
I never said DBAE Was a bad dream- I said it was as if Getty thought it
was a bad dream. The context I was trying to get across was the way they
erased all the people that worked for getty in the education dept and on
this list serve, which at one time had many people involved and then
dwindled down to a few and then none. Those of you who have been on this
list for more than a few years will know what I mean. It seemed funny to
me that they wouldn't have a link on their web site for DBAE, instead
you have to type it in if you know what to ask for, or where to go. This
came to my attention since I have a friend who is a photographer and I
was telling here about the web site and lo and behold she didn't know
what I was talking about when I said DBAE and didn't see it on the page-
I went there and it has been removed. So I don't mean literally "Bad
Dream" . I was also a coordinator, training people in DBAE for our
school district and I have written many lessons using this method as
well as other methods, resources, and my own experience. You may quote
your thesis Blah Blah Blah, but there are a lot of us here who have real
experience, so before you put someone down about not knowing the facts
or being well read maybe you should first contact them and understand
what they are meaning. You also show your age when you quote your
education and omit your experience.

Sandra Barrick

mailto:tamayo@cinci.rr.com

--------------91BB2CD78A2C979CD7BBD414

<pre>Subject: Re: DBAE,why is it off the getty page?
From: Nnaell@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 09:01:27 EST

But why would anyone call DBAE a nightmare Getty would like to forget?&nbsp; I&nbsp;
feel it more than served its purpose and completely understood your&nbsp;
statement.&nbsp; Mind you...I am not a&nbsp;
DBAE disciple...I just think people should know the facts, have read the&nbsp;
literature before saying things like the statement above.&nbsp; I have done&nbsp;
that....a graduate thesis on the beginnings of DBAE with many interviews to&nbsp;
back up what I had read and surmized.</pre>
[...]

From owner-artsednet Wed, 01 Nov 2000 09:36:22 -0800
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 09:36:22 -0800
Subject: FINAL list of NAEYC attendees, Atlanta, Nov. 2000
From: MaryAnn Kohl <maryann@brightring.com>
CC: LOOP LOOP ArtsEdNet <artsednet@web1.pub.getty.edu>,
LOOP LOOP EarlyChildhood <early_childhood@lists.teachers.net>,
LOOP LOOP ECE <ECELoop@aol.com>,
LOOP LOOP ECE NET <ECENET-L@POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU>,
LOOP LOOP Kinder-1 <Kinder-L@cmsd.bc.ca>,
LOOP LOOP Grade One <grade_one@cln.etc.bc.ca>

--MS_Mac_OE_3055916182_494406_MIME_Part

Final List of those attending NAEYC
(cross post)

=========
acarolan@inland.k12.mi.us
ann
ArtsEdNet
have several roommates from the list
Looking forward to meeting

armst2@ix.netcom.com
Jane
ECE Loop
Can't wait to see those returning to the conference and meet
those who have not attended before or in a while!
Hyatt

efields@edc.org
Erica
will not be able to attend
colleagues will present pre-conference session: "Raising the Bar: Supporting
Young Children's Inquiry in Science", Wed 1-4pm

elmorulez@earthlink.net
Heidi
ECE Loop
Super 8 - on Cone Street
not presenting or working a booth
can't wait to meet

FeliciaGl@aol.com
ECELoop@aol.com
Alyce roommate

Fran, Web Coordinator, Teaching Strategies, Inc. booth #838
The Creative Curriculum Discussion List, ECENET, ECEOL, NAEYCTEC,
EC@lists.Teachers.net
Presentations: many authors and staff from Teaching Strategies presenting,
such as, Diane Trister Dodge, Cate Heroman, Toni Bickart, and staff
development trainers and network-trainers. For dates, times and locations
see http://www.teachingstrategies.com
Autograph: Diane, Toni and Cate autograph or chat on Thursday, Nov 9 , 4-
5pm, #838
Autograph: Diane, Friday, Nov 10, 4- 5pm, also #838.

general
write your Loop name on your name tag so we can recognize eachother

jsilberg@interserv.com
Jackie
ECE Loop, Kinder-L, ECENet, Early Childhood, ECEOL
presenting Friday at 11:30am, "Let Your Love Shine Through" - a mixture of
EC philosophy mixed with developmental songs and games for your little ones.
Mini-Workshops and Autographings in Gryphon House booth (see schedule in
program)
Working in Gryphon House booth

LAEmmert@aol.com
Les
mid-town Days Inn Lodge 4 miles North of the conference center
anyone "looking" for a roomie , okay for Wed., Thurs., and Friday
staying with a girlfriend Saturday night.
non-smoking double $62.15.

LynPZ@aol.com
Lyn
flying Wichita Falls, Dallas, to Atlanta on American
ECE Loop
Super 8 - on Cone Street
not presenting or working a booth
arriving Tues. late afternoon
anyone staying over Sat. night for one of the events?

maryann@brightring.com
MaryAnn
ECE Loop, Kinder-L, ECENet, First Grade
Marriott Marquis
Presenting: 2:30 on Friday, Nov. 10/ Young Chidldren Discover Great Artists
Working in Gryphon House booth almost all the time.
Gryphon House Mini-Workshop: 11am Thursday and 4pm Friday
Gryphon House Autograph Session: 3pm Thursday

npa@prodigy.net
Nancy
ECELoop@aol.com
Marriott
presenting: Thurs at 8:30
autographing: Gryphon House booth, Thurs at 11:00am
mini-workshop: Gryphon House booth, Friday am.

sefcik@home.com
Marian
KinderKorner, Kinder-L
Holiday Inn, Downtown Atlanta
Leigh
attending NAEYC with a co-teacher

Teach0815@aol.com
Melanie
Kindergargen teacher
Madison Premier Preschool
Huntsville, AL
attending with 3 other teachers, our director and assistant director

touch.of.love.ludwig@prodigy.net
Susan, Oregon
I am not able to attend the NAEYC conference but I will be there in
spirit... I am sending my infant room lead teacher in my stead.
Early childhood education/young children
(0-8)"<ECENET-L@POSTOFFICE.CSO.UIUC.EDU

yost@alltel.net
Nancy
kinder-L
Omni
roommate - Nicola
presenting - Pre-conference, Wed, with NAEYC Tech Causus,
in town on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
attending only Wednesday, Pre-Conference day

--------------------------------
MaryAnn F. Kohl
maryann@brightring.com
http://www.brightring.com
--------------------------------

--MS_Mac_OE_3055916182_494406_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>FINAL list of NAEYC attendees, Atlanta, Nov. 2000</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT SIZE=3D"2">Final List of those attending NAEYC<BR>
(cross post)<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D<BR>
</FONT><H5>acarolan@inland.k12.mi.us<BR>
</H5><FONT SIZE=3D"2">ann<BR>
ArtsEdNet<BR>
have several roommates from the list &nbsp;<BR>
Looking forward to meeting &nbsp;<BR>
<BR>
<B>armst2@ix.netcom.com <BR>
</B>Jane &nbsp;&nbsp;<BR>
ECE Loop <BR>
Can't wait to see those returning to the conference and meet<BR>
those who have not attended before or in a while! &nbsp;<BR>
Hyatt &nbsp;&nbsp;<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><H5>efields@edc.org &nbsp;<BR>
</H5><FONT SIZE=3D"2">Erica &nbsp;<BR>
will not be able to attend <BR>
colleagues will present pre-conference session: &quot;Raising the Bar: Supp=
orting Young Children's Inquiry in Science&quot;, Wed 1-4pm<BR>
<BR>
<B>elmorulez@earthlink.net</B> <BR>
Heidi &nbsp;<BR>
ECE Loop<BR>
Super 8 - on Cone Street<BR>
not presenting or working a booth<BR>
can't wait to meet &nbsp;<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><H5>FeliciaGl@aol.com<BR>
</H5><FONT SIZE=3D"2">ECELoop@aol.com<BR>
Alyce &nbsp;roommate <BR>
<BR>
</FONT><H5>Fran, Web Coordinator, Teaching Strategies, Inc. booth #838<BR>
</H5><FONT SIZE=3D"2">The Creative Curriculum Discussion List, ECENET, ECEOL,=
NAEYCTEC, EC@lists.Teachers.net <BR>
Presentations: many authors and staff from Teaching Strategies presenting, =
such as, Diane Trister Dodge, Cate Heroman, Toni Bickart, and staff developm=
ent trainers and network-trainers. For dates, times and locations see http:/=
/www.teachingstrategies.com &nbsp;<BR>
Autograph: Diane, Toni and Cate autograph or chat on Thursday, Nov 9 , 4- 5=
pm, #838 &nbsp;&nbsp;<BR>
Autograph: Diane, Friday, Nov 10, 4- 5pm, also #838.<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><H5>general<BR>
</H5><FONT SIZE=3D"2">write your Loop name on your name tag so we can recogni=
ze eachother<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><H5>jsilberg@interserv.com <BR>
</H5><FONT SIZE=3D"2">Jackie &nbsp;&nbsp;<BR>
ECE Loop, Kinder-L, ECENet, Early Childhood, ECEOL<BR>
presenting Friday at 11:30am, &quot;Let Your Love Shine Through&quot; - a m=
ixture of EC philosophy mixed with developmental songs and games for your li=
ttle ones. <BR>
Mini-Workshops and Autographings in Gryphon House booth (see schedule in pr=
ogram)<BR>
Working in Gryphon House booth<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><H5>LAEmmert@aol.com<BR>
</H5><FONT SIZE=3D"2">Les<BR>
mid-town Days Inn Lodge &nbsp;4 miles North of the conference center <BR>
anyone &quot;looking&quot; for a roomie , okay for Wed., Thurs., and Friday=
<BR>
staying with a girlfriend Saturday night. <BR>
non-smoking double $62.15. &nbsp;<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><H5>LynPZ@aol.com<BR>
</H5><FONT SIZE=3D"2">Lyn &nbsp;<BR>
flying Wichita Falls, Dallas, to Atlanta on American<BR>
ECE Loop<BR>
Super 8 - on Cone Street<BR>
not presenting or working a booth <BR>
arriving Tues. late afternoon<BR>
anyone staying over Sat. night for one of the events?<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><H5>maryann@brightring.com<BR>
</H5><FONT SIZE=3D"2">MaryAnn &nbsp;<BR>
ECE Loop, Kinder-L, ECENet, First Grade<BR>
Marriott Marquis<BR>
Presenting: 2:30 on Friday, Nov. 10/ Young Chidldren Discover Great Artists=
<BR>
Working in Gryphon House booth almost all the time.<BR>
Gryphon House Mini-Workshop: 11am Thursday and 4pm Friday<BR>
Gryphon House Autograph Session: 3pm Thursday<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><H5>npa@prodigy.net<BR>
</H5><FONT SIZE=3D"2">Nancy &nbsp;&nbsp;<BR>
ECELoop@aol.com <BR>
Marriott <BR>
presenting: Thurs at 8:30 <BR>
autographing: Gryphon House booth, Thurs &nbsp;at 11:00am<BR>
mini-workshop: Gryphon House booth, Friday am. &nbsp;&nbsp;<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><H5>sefcik@home.com<BR>
</H5><FONT SIZE=3D"2">Marian <BR>
KinderKorner, Kinder-L<BR>
Holiday Inn, Downtown Atlanta<BR>
Leigh<BR>
attending NAEYC with a co-teacher<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><H5>Teach0815@aol.com<BR>
</H5><FONT SIZE=3D"2">Melanie <BR>
Kindergargen teacher<BR>
Madison Premier Preschool<BR>
Huntsville, AL<BR>
attending with 3 other teachers, our director and assistant director<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
</FONT><H5>touch.of.love.ludwig@prodigy.net<BR>
</H5><FONT SIZE=3D"2">Susan, Oregon <BR>
I am not able to attend the NAEYC conference but I will be there in<BR>
spirit... I am sending my infant room lead teacher in my stead. &nbsp;&nbsp=
;<BR>
Early childhood education/young children (0-8)&quot;&lt;ECENET-L@POSTOFFICE=
CSO.UIUC.EDU<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><H5>yost@alltel.net <BR>
</H5><FONT SIZE=3D"2">Nancy <BR>
kinder-L <BR>
Omni <BR>
roommate - Nicola <BR>
presenting - Pre-conference, Wed, with NAEYC Tech Causus, <BR>
in town on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday <BR>
attending only Wednesday, Pre-Conference day<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<BR>
</FONT><BR>
MaryAnn F. Kohl<BR>
maryann@brightring.com<BR>
http://www.brightring.com>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3055916182_494406_MIME_Part--