Students Art on the Web

---------

From: William Norton (alethiap_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 06:12:57 PST

I'm looking for art departments who post student art work on the web. My
K-12 department is working on a web site and creating elctronic portfolios
for students. We received two large grants from the state of WI for
equipment and training. The final product will be a CD with student art,
department curriculum, accessment documents, etc. on it. These will be
given to the selected students, shown to fellow teachers and
administrators, shown to art ed. students and possibly presented in a "in
progress" form at the National Art Convention in March.

My request is for the following:
1. Is anyone else doing this type of thing?
2. Those of you who post student art work on the web, do you at any time
show the student's picture?
3. If not, do you just identify their work by first name and grade
or what?
4. I'm assuming if you post, you have parent's permission?
5. If so, could you share this form with me.
6. And finally, Does your district have a policy for this whole
process? Could
you share this with me?

My district administrator has ask me to find out this information for the
administrative team.
We are going out in new territory and we want to make sure every thing is
legal and above board.

Thanks so much for your help. I realize this a lot of information, but this
group has so much to offer and so giving for each other!!!

Bill Norton
Menomonie High School Art
1715 5th St. West
Menomonie, WI 54751