Re: ribbon ideas

---------

From: Neil Erickson (Jorgen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 05:42:39 PST

--MS_Mac_OE_3055912959_135531_MIME_Part

Carol,
Yes, just one period.
cindy

PS. Before you do this project start saving almost all your "trash" such as
egg cartons, small boxes, scraps of other textiles, pieces of foam or
cardboard, packing materials, the list goes on and on. You will be
surprised what they can think of. Of save all 2D stuff such as I mentioned
before if that is your preference. You could also do a great intro using
some artists who make "recyled art". I don't have any names on the tip of
my tongue but others in this list probably do. Explain to the students the
benefit of using our "trash" to make beautiful or interesting creations.
Older students could discuss "what is art?" or "does art have to be
realistic?" Sorry so long-you got my brain going this morning(always a good
way to start the day!)

When I did this before, I used a glue gun and had a parent volunteer come in
to man the glue gun station.