RE: stamps

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Nagel, Judy (JNagel)
Wed, 26 May 1999 16:46:29 -0500

FYI The product is called Penscore in the 1999 Sax catalog and you'll find
it on p.300. I have worked with it and it works just like Betty says. It
comes in asst shapes or in 8X10 sheets. Judy

http://www.saxarts.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Betty Bowen [bbowen.ok.us]
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 1999 4:01 PM
To: artsednet.edu
Subject: Re:stamps

This site: www.clearsnap.com is a rubber stamp product stamp manufacturer.
They have an extensive collection of "sets" - several different sets of
portraits of artists, chieftains, American jazz greats, suffragettes, etc.,
also real African masks, real petroglyphs you'll recognize, and three
different sets of foreign postage stamps. And of course the usual cutesy
wootsy stuff.

What I was looking for is the product called "Magic stamp". Magic stamp is a
foam product that when heated with a heat gun becomes soft. You press it
against something cool with texture, then it can be used as a printing
object. When you are finished, just clean it and re-heat with the gun and it
can be used again and again. (so they say)

They have it in several different shapes, but most interestingly for the
classroom, in a box of 114 pieces at .50 per piece (suggested retail).
They suggest incising drawings on Styrofoam meat trays and then pressing on
the warmed Magic Stamp to mold a positive stamp. The results they show are
quite attractive. I like that students could produce their own original
stamps without using carving tools and only a minimum of materials.

Have any of you used Magic Stamp? did it work?

Betty