Re: RE: learning disabled

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Linda Kelty (lckelty)
Mon, 25 May 2099 20:44:43 -0400

I had seen the posting about learning disabled artists and came across the
global education newsletter suppored by the Stanley Foundation. There were
several famous people with challenges. I know you have some info. but I'm
sending this on the off chance that you may not have these names.

Famous people with dyslexia:
Thomas Edison, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Michael Heseltine,
Woodrow Wilson, George Bush, George Patton, George Burns, Jackie Stewart
(racing driver), Duncan Goodhew (Olympic Swimmer), Tom Cruise, Whoopi
Goldberg, Susan Hampshire, Danny Glover, Cher.
Stephen Hawkin, scientist, diagnosed with ALS
Frida Kahlo, artist, childhood polio and bus accident at 18
Moses (Exodus 4:10-12)
Bob Love (NBA All-Star)
James Ear Jones
King George VI

F.W. Woolworth labeled as slow as a child
Walt Disney was slow in school and a poor student
Hans Christian Anderson had difficulty reading even though he told stories.
Einsten didn't talk until age 4 or read til age 9. Labeled slow, unsociable
a dreamer.
Tom Cruise is dyslexic and learns his lines by listening to a tape.

They list a web site at the end of the newsletter that may have more info.
for you. It is
Hope this helps. Linda K. in Iowa