RE: Ways to display student art.

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Kimberly Anne Herbert (kimberly)
Mon, 24 May 1999 11:15:04 -0500

I have two ideas
1. check with the no-profits in your area and see if you can put up art in
their spaces. They will enjoy the extra traffic, you get to display your
students art work to a different audience.
2. Check with the shop teachers, maybe their advanced students can help
design and build some equipment for you. Recently one shop class built a
playhouse. I believe it is going to be raffled off for CASA. The school
received good press coverage. We are currently planning an optical illusion
exhibit, on our list of people to contact about building the individual
pieces are the HS shop classes and the University physics department.
Kimberly Herbert
Children's Art Museum Administrator
San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts and Children's Art Museum
P.O. Box 3092 San Angelo, TX 76902
915 659-4391

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-artsednet.edu
[owner-artsednet.edu] On Behalf Of Jeanalice2
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 1999 12:18 PM
To: artsednet.edu
Subject: Ways to display student art.

OK art netters I need to pick your brains. I just held my first student art
show. Lots of work to hang paper strips (36 in wide roll paper) over the
lockers and then attach art work to the paper with tape circles. All this
for one night!!!
Can we start a discussion on various ways to hang, display student
work for an art show. And how do you you sponsored student art shows------
for one day, night, week etc.? and where in your building? and how?
I had an idea to use fabric pieces to put the work on but what
substance would hold the pictures to the fabric? The idea to purchase
display boards was turned down for the same old reason---no $$$$.
This group always has the best ideas. I have learned so much this
year.
Thanks to all.....Jean in Michgan