Re: plaster sculpture

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
marianna Delafield (mdelafield@cfu-cybernet.net)
Sun, 23 May 1999 20:59:35 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Stenger - Judith DiSalvo <jstenger>
To: pmcnally <pmcnally>
Cc: artsednet.edu <artsednet.edu>
Date: Sunday, May 23, 1999 2:14 PM
Subject: Re: plaster sculpture

>You can thin Elmer's glue with water and brush it on for a nice finish.
>Judy

I have used polymar medium and rubbed dry tempera pigment into the wet paint
to control the color..then top with a coat of clear polymer. also wax,
paste wax will seal the plaster and when rubbed gives a nice patina. The
wax is easpecially nice if vermiculite is mixed into the plaster when you're
making it. It also makes it easier to carve. Candle wax mixed with
vermiculite and carved is also quite beautiful and has the advantage of not
being a moisture carrier as plaster can be. Marianna