Re: Ways to display student art.

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fran Marze (fmaiu+@pitt.edu)
Sun, 23 May 1999 13:24:45 -0400 (EDT)

We had our district make tri-fold? panels with hinges from homesote board
and stripping of some kind (probably pine) We need to have the panels
painted. They are heavy but the custodians put them up and they hold a lot
of stuff about 4x5 ft. One of our industrial tech guys is going to make
some more for next year. The homesote is fairly cheap, I guess and this
crop has been around for awhile. We used to nail them together to make
panels but that is a lot of work. We also collect donations for our annual
show and put out a program. Last year we bought black, white and gray
fabric to cover the cafe tables. This year we bought from a company called
Aftoso in CA- lucite risers and brass easels for 3-D and things like masks
and small paintings. Each year we spend whatever we get donated to add to
our display accessories.

Fran