Re:O.T. 2 subjects

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Sun, 23 May 1999 10:59:13 -0400

Judy Grochowski wrote:

> 2. Ok, I know this could be a can of worms, and I don't mean for it to
> be.....Is anyone else as SICK as I am about the human sludge which passes
> for local news? As an example, I have called local stations and
> papers for our fine arts day the last two years and gotten minimal coverage.
> Ok, off my soap box, thanks for indulging me :-)

This I could gripe about but will bring to a minimum. Example> we
have lived in 6 states in 9 years. John and I are so very tired of
the self importance of local (celebrity?)news casters give
themselves. It seems that they always try to tie in any national
story or "Movie of the week", to a local angle. Hence "Atomic
Train"- Oh yes we had a local story! It wouldn't be so bad if they
wouldn't scramble so hard to get a crappy story across. Sometimes we
just stare at the set and say, Did I just hear that-Why yes you did
dear! Some mispronunciation that even my ears pick up. I also
question why they continuously give us one ethnic group as the
culprit. No I'm not Black, but every face I see doing a bad thing is
black! Do they think it confirms my suspicion? Yes, that they are
Bias! I have lived on both coasts, in the East, middle and South.
It's just bad everywhere. So now I watch small amounts of National
news and BBC for real national news, and mostly have NPR on
throughout the day. Luckily we have 3 stations of it!
Sandra Barrick
astroboy