Re: el. grade art award

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
gregjuli
Tue, 18 May 1999 21:50:16 -0500

Art is part of a total education and yes, writing should be a part of
the class. In fact it has HELPED some of my students who's art skills
were not as strong as others become more interested in art. That's
because they could communicate how they felt , more through words than
visual means. So if you are thinking you will lose some who have not
mastered the skill of writing , it can also go vice versa. One of our
school goals is writing across the curriculum, which I support.
Writing is not the main part of my class, but students get the
opportunity to do so through journaling , artist reports and note
taking.
We need to try to meet student's need through as many modalities as
possible. Students should realize the connection of art to many subject
areas.
MaryB