Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.
KEEP YOUR INPUT COMING!!!
At the schools I teach at they have traditionally given an art award to one
girl and one boy at the 5th grade level.
After discussing the input from you with administration & teachers I decided
to ask those students who are interested to complete the same evaluation
form I plan to fill-out.... to choose the student who will receive the
award... Do you think letting them choose to complete a form is a good idea?
Below is the info. that will be on their self evaluation form... what do you
think I should add or delete???
During this school year how did you do in the following areas:
(Write a few sentences and give yourself a grade at the end of each of the
1) use of elements of design (line, shape color, value, space, form,
texture) & use of principals of design (rhythm, balance, proportion,
2) use of creativity and originality (exploring choices, generating &
combining ideas, connections to previous learning or knowledge, use of
problem solving skills.
3) use of skills/techniques (neatly):
(areas include: drawing, lettering, sculpting, print-making, collage,
papier- mache, painting, textiles, etc.)
1) wisely using time /staying on task:
2) respect towards supplies and art room:
3) respect of own and others artwork:
4) participation during classroom discussions:
5) respect of learning environment (sound level, content of discussion,
encouraging atmosphere, cooperative):
Answer to the following questions too:
Why do you think you should receive the award?
What are some other art activities outside the classroom are you involved in
or have been involved in?
How do you plan to use your art skills or talents in the future?
The above formate is what I use as an evaluation tool to grade each of their
projects too... what do you think?
Thanks again! Janine