Re: classroom management

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Salvador Wilcox (salvador_wilcox)
Mon, 17 May 1999 20:22:12 PDT

Seig Heil! just joking. but on a more serious note, the more rules and the
more restricted students feel, the less creativity they will exude. i
wonder if we let students feel we trust them and foster a classroom of
mutual respect, if the rules would be unspoken and unnecesary. i don't mean
anarchy of course but that we become better teachers when we let go of our
need to be in control, to be domineering; and to let go of our expectations
and let the students take charge of their work.

salvador wilcox
in soon-to-be-unbearable-pittsburgh