I would like some feedback on what your expectations are for your
students when it comes to classroom management. Below are my
expectations, maybe i am too hard.
1. Follow are rules lined out in school discipline management book.
2. Students are responsible for their own daily supplies - pen, pencil,
sketchbook, I dont even loan them out.
3. I have high expectations hoping to get above average instead of low
expectations and barely getting that.
4. I answer all questions through questions when I can, to force
students to find it themselves from previous knowledge, they hate that,
just give them the answer.
5. I dont provide answers to questions such as "What color should I
use?" I feel if I do, I have done the thinking and they are only going
through the motions.
6. Students should stay on task at all times, concentrating on work, a
large amount of unnecessary visiting hinders thinking about what they
are doing. Now discussing work that is going on is different. I
constantly monitor students progress, keeping them on task.
I could go on, anyone care to add to this or take away from my approach.