Re: spring lessons ideas?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Mon, 17 May 1999 06:15:59 -0700

M.Grosspietsch wrote:

> Having stated my disclosure, my response to this type of question (which
> has been asked hundreds of times), is this: Are you asking for lessons
> about "spring" and just not stating the art concepts you intend to
> teach, or are you asking for lessons about "spring" just to kill time?
>
> I just want to put in my two cents that I think it's important that we
> continue to teach art concepts, whether "spring" or some other seasonal
> activity is taking place.

M.,

I think it's safe to assume that when we ask for ideas, we will be
plugging in any number of concepts when we finally present them to our
classes. We're all professionals, and a creative bunch at that, and I'm
sure most of us _adapt_ the many great ideas from the list to suit our
objectives and students. If we were compelled to send our lesson ideas
to the list with complete objectives, standards tie-ins, materials list,
rubrics, etc., this list would be pretty sparse--who's got time to type
all that in?

You say you've been on the list for three years; why don't you contribute
more often? We always like fresh perspectives.

<snip> there are plenty of still life paintings of flowers from way
> back when to Warhol and beyond.

This made me laugh! Warhol only goes back to the 50s and 60s, and his
claims to fame weren't even based on still lifes of flowers.

Maggie