Re: Constructing Display Boards/church school?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Mon, 17 May 1999 08:51:16 -0400

Toulouse95 wrote:

> What are the best materials to use make custom display boards? All I know to
> do is use a plywood or Luan backing, face with sheet of cork, and stretch
> fabric over it. I'll then have them mounted to the art room walls with angle
> iron for changing displays of varied-sized student work
> Mary Jane
Mary Jane,
I don't know if this will help but my janitor put up wall board( I
think linen was attached and painted over. He could only put up that
since it was a church school and the Elders only would allow a
certain kind of board. Anyway it served the purpose, and it was
wallboard size- 5'x8'??
LARGE! This was put throughout the hallways because we were not
allowed to use any wall whatsoever
that wasn't a bulletin board. YOu could put staples (small holes) or
push pins (larger holes) and it could be painted over (however we
were only allowed white!) Thank goodness for Jennifer Bartlett
or I don't think I would have been able to do a mural either.

? Any of you work in a Christian school where it appears you have to
wonder whether the church and
members really want a school on their premises?

Sandra Barrick

astroboy