Re: grade six self portraits

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fran Marze (fmaiu+@pitt.edu)
Sat, 15 May 1999 11:02:24 -0400 (EDT)

If you haven't tried the portrait in a spoon idea with anyone, perhaps
that might work. The students look into a spoon and draw themselves . It
will be somewhat distorted and funny to them. I might have photos I took
of the works by some middle school students during our district art
show.Also, I remember doing a self portrait with 7th graders many years
ago without mirrors. The students had to touch their faces and try and
gauge their features that way. Just a different aproach. If you want
pictures or anything, send me your address. Fran