Re: Art reward

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Salvador Wilcox (salvador_wilcox)
Fri, 14 May 1999 06:45:06 PDT

I second Joseph's comment. There's a growing body of research that points
to the detrimental effects of rewarding people (children in school and
adults in corporations) for work. in short, the reward becomes the aim it
fosters the "do this and you'll get that" attitude. alfie kohn has a book
"punished by rewards" that would be beneficial to read. let all the kids
feel important without teacher imposed contingencies.

salvador wilcox