Re: grade six self portraits

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Melissa Chaney (meemo)
Thu, 13 May 1999 21:17:15 -0500

My sixth graders draw themselves by looking into a huge locker mirror. We
work big. 24 X 30 or larger. Students then fill in values by pressing their
index finger onto a stamp pad (the type for rubber stamps). The fill in the
values on the face with small fingerprints on the paper. This lesson was
once in an Art and Man Magazine article about Chuck Close. They love the ink
pads. I limit them to only messy fingertips, not palms, arms etc.

Melissa Chaney