Re: importance of art education

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
lindacharlie (lindacharlie)
Thu, 13 May 1999 18:25:48 -0500

In his session at the NAEA convention, Elliot Eisner made the point that
much of the research you are looking for is flawed and therefore
invalid. Someone on the list said he had an article in "Art Education"
not too long ago in which he went into detail about this. As much as we
would like to believe that art improves academic learning, this has not
been proven in research and it is not a firm foundation on which to
build an art program. (If scores don't improve it will be "art's
fault"!)
Linda in Michigan