I work in an NGO, Non-Profit organization in Israel, and our goals (Among other) are caring and helping children-at-risk.
We are working on a new research (Well, "New" here, anyway), on Children-at-risk in boarding schools.
In ordrer to avoid the "Re-inventing-the-wheel-syndrome" I'm looking for programs like I'll describe here, and to learn from those programs.
Our main lines in this program:
1. Helping the children through all kinds or art activities.
2. The children are going out to the artists' "Teritory" (His studio, a musium), rather than the artist is coming to their place (The boarding school).
3. The artist is NOT a therapiest!
He is trying to communicate with the children through artistic activity, and not through "Art Therapy".
4. The parents are ACTIVELY involved in the program.
5. The program is a long term activity (A year or more).
Any input on the subject would be greatful, including links, web sites, any info on programs like this.
...Sorry for my English, and TIA,
Ben Natan Ofir,