Re: A teachable moment

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
KATHY K (KATHALEEN_KERN)
Mon, 10 May 1999 21:28:12 -0700

Michelle,
Wow, the bus drivers should be honored too. great idea. god knows what bus
drivers have to put up with. thanks, kathy, wi

----------
> From: Michelle H. Harrell <mmhar>
> To: KATHALEEN_KERN; mmhar;
artsednet.edu
> Subject: Re: A teachable moment
> Date: Sunday, May 09, 1999 7:46 PM
>
> Kathy asked how the teachers who did not get choosen for the "Dinner
Party" project that my kids did recently. Since no teacher could be
honored by more than one person, we basically covered the 7th and 8th grade
teachers, the administrators, a social worker, and a bus driver. Everyone
else was still invited to share in the food and drinks. They seemed to be
as supportive as the others. I think they recognize that it's hard to
honor everyone and it was more authentic this way. No one honored a
teacher who they didn't have as a teacher or club advisor or something.
Teachers and parents have both suggested doing this as a yearly celebration
to go along with Teacher Appreciation Week (which I didn't know was the
same week we had planned this).